Front Sight Firearms Training Institute is starting a campaign to “secure ‘shall issue’ concealed carry for all Californians”. There have been rumors for weeks now that gun rights organizations have been collecting signatures, but this is the first I have seen of a tangible initiative. Needless to say, it’s very exciting.
The initiative petition is available online. Please help to spread the word and get as many signatures as possible!
Specific Rules for Signing and Circulating Petitions:
- All petition circulators must be registered to vote or eligible to register to vote in California.
- All petition signers must be registered to vote in California. If you are not currently registered to vote, you may sign the petition after your have filled out and sent in a voter registration form.
- Each section (copy) of the petition must be signed only by individuals registered to vote in the same county. If you are gathering signatures in more than one county, please circulate separate copies of the petition in each county.
Instructions for Signing the Petition:
- Use blue or black ink when signing or filling in any of the blank fields on the petition.
- Write your county in the highlighted blank field above the signature blocks.
- Write your full name (exactly as you are registered to vote), residence address, city and zip code in the first signature block, and sign your name right below your printed name.
- You must witness each person as he or she signs the petition. Although each petition has four signature blocks, you may submit petitions signed by fewer than four people.
- Fill in and sign the “Declaration of Circulator” on the petition that you circulated (even if no one else signed the petition). Please make sure you fill in all of the highlighted blank fields in this section.
MAIL THE SIGNED PETITION(S) TO FRONT SIGHT, AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS, AS SOON AS POSSIBLE:
7975 Cameron Drive #900
Windsor, CA 95492
UPDATE: The petition has been withdrawn.