Daniel Defense has released a 12″ free floating modular handguard with an uninterrupted top rail and slick sides to which additional rails can be attached. It is the next logical step in the industry evolution toward lighter, slimmer profile handguards with modular features that allow operator customization. Photos/information courtesy Daniel Defense.
The MFR is specifically designed to adequately cover a low profile gas block on a carbine or mid-length gas system barrel. All MOUNT-N-SLOT direct attach mounts [sold through Impact Weapons Components (a Calguns sponsor)] are directly compatible.
Materials & Construction
Precision CNC machined from 6061 T6 aluminum and Military Specification Hard Coat Anodized.
- Material: Aircraft Grade 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Finish: Military Specification Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- Length: 12.0″
- Outside Diameter: 1.76″
- Inside Diameter: 1.61″
- Weight 12.2 oz
- 3″ Rail Section Weight: 1.1 oz
- Made in the USA!
- (1) MFR 12.0 Free Float Hand Guard
- (3) 3” Modular Military Specification 1913 Picatinny Rail Sections with Mounting Hardware
- (1) Proprietary Barrel Nut Wrench
- (1) Hardened Steel Barrel Nut
- (4) Set Screws w/ Nylon Locking Patch
- (1) 5/64” Allen Wrench
- (1) 3/32” Allen Wrench